ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL LIFE ADVISOR
The Associate Financial Life Advisor position at Telemus is ideal for an individual looking to pursue a career in wealth management and gain first-hand experience by working with top wealth advisors. This role supports two to three wealth advisors in ensuring an exceptional client experience in every interaction for prospects and current clients. The Associate Financial Life Advisor role is on a career path to become an Advisor.
- Prepare and review client performance reports
- Synthesize client or prospect data to develop customized financial plans
- Help facilitate Advisor’s business development efforts
- Develop financial life management proposals for prospective clients
- Monitor clients’ asset allocation and rebalancing of portfolios
- Assist clients with market and stock research
- This role participates in client meetings by actively listening to the client needs to assist in the development of comprehensive wealth management programs
- Pursue personal and professional development via individual study and continuing-education courses which can include pursuit of Certified Financial Planner (CFP(R)) designation
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a finance related field.
- CPA/Masters in Tax, CFP or JD a plus.
- FINRA Series 65 preferred (an Associate Financial Life Advisor is expected to receive the Series 65 license within a year of service)
- Thirst and knowledge of the investment industry
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical skills to read and evaluate complex financial products
- High accountability to ensure our client and team expectations are exceeded
- Demonstrated ability to manage diverse relationships within a team and cross-functionally
- Persuasive communicator demonstrated through clear written and oral communication and active listening
- Strong desire to continually self-develop demonstrated through intellectual curiosity and personal learning