At Telemus, we have a different perspective regarding our clients’ financial lives. We offer our clients a brand new, more holistic outlook far beyond just investment management, named Financial Life Management, which we know will serve as the inspiration for a more enriched life. Telemus is a place where financial security is just the starting point- a place where clients can understand and realize a more profound, more aspirational mission – to utilize their existing and future wealth capability to help them achieve their envisioned future.
We are a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with over $2 billion in assets under management. We have offices in Southfield and Ann Arbor, MI and Los Angeles, CA. and are looking to expand nationally.
Location: Southfield, MI with occasional travel to our Ann Arbor office
This program is ideal for a current undergraduate college student entering into their junior or senior year. This position is for 15 hours a week Monday – Friday for three hours shifts each day (flexible on schedule during the 8am-5pm timeframe).
As an intern, you will be expected to contribute to Telemus while developing yourself in a professional environment and gain hands-on experience. You will develop your technical expertise in IT technologies, platforms and solutions. At the same time you will develop skills in project management, communication, and what it truly means to put “clients first.”
- Provide day-to-day technical support on computers, phones and other electronic devices
- Configure and setup workstations and laptops
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Act as a conduit to IT vendors
- Assist in development of database management and integration of new applications
- Assist on technology projects such as document inventory, maintain a replacement schedule for technology, research new software
- Assist in technology review and integration for acquisitions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to a bachelors or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong computer skills, including advanced level in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to translate the functionality to a novice user
- Knowledge of Polycom phones and/or video conferencing equipment preferred
- Knowledge in physical installation and troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Knowledge in Citrix and Cisco preferred
- Ability to work independently and provide recommendations to supervisor
- High accountability to ensure our client and team expectations are exceeded
- Strong desire to continually self-develop demonstrated through intellectual curiosity and personal learning
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to problem solve