INVESTMENT RESEARCH ANALYST
Downtown Chicago, IL or Southfield, MI
At Telemus, we have a different perspective regarding our clients’ financial lives. We offer our clients a brand new, more holistic outlook far beyond just investment management, named Financial Life Management, which we know will serve as the inspiration for a more enriched life. Telemus is a place where financial security is just the starting point- a place where clients can understand and realize a more profound, more aspirational mission – to utilize their existing and future wealth capability to help them achieve their envisioned future.
We are a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) with over $2 billion in assets under management. We have offices in Southfield and Ann Arbor, MI, Chicago IL, and Los Angeles, CA.
The Investment Analyst will assist in research projects and investment manager due diligence with the goal of sourcing new investment opportunities and helping the investment team with the construction of portfolios. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in investment research and gain hands-on experience.
- Conduct research on specified third party and direct equity investments
- Partner with analysts to update earnings reports on various companies
- Conduct financial statement analysis
- Update and prepare weekly performance, allocation and other investment reports
- Update benchmark and strategy performance throughout company marketing materials
- Assist CIO and investment team members in special projects as needed, including production of materials for internal and external investment communication
- General investment administrative duties including updating company intranet with investment-related materials
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business, finance or economic-related major
- Working knowledge of investment software such as Bloomberg, Morningstar or FactSet
- Pursuing CFA® designation
- Manager due diligence experience is a plus
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic understanding and an interest in stocks, bonds and funds
- Ability to handle detail-oriented tasks
- High accountability to ensure client expectations are exceeded
- Effective communicator demonstrated through active listening, clear written and oral communication
- Strong desire to continually self-develop demonstrated through intellectual curiosity and personal learning